Saturday, January 24, 2009

Bear-y Strange Things

Hello.

If you are reading this, then it means you have passed the voice-encrypted security checkpoint. Know that I value your friendship, but more importantly - your confidentiality. What I am about to reveal to you is very personal and highly sensitive material.

The... events... began roughly a week ago, shortly after acquiring Kensington. Kensigton III is a teddy bear (supposedly a randomly-chosen, personally-crafted gift from Build-A-Bear... but I have my doubts) who until very recently belonged to a very good friend of mine - a young lady, in fact, with whom I have been spending a good deal of time. We are quite fond of one another. The bear was given to her as a travel companion some time ago by one of her best friends - allegedly purchased from a store in the local mall. Kensington's owner, Alison, is now in Germany for 4 months student teaching on a military base there. Due to space restrictions and the introduction of a new travel companion - Klaus the German - Kensington was left in my care.

That is the history, and this... is the current situation. Since adopting the furry friend, I have done my best to make him comfortable in his new surroundings. I've attempted to include him in my daily activities, from time to time, and given him a comfortable place atop my bed.



In that time, however, several things have occurred which I do not understand. I'm not the neatest or tidiest of men, but I know where I've left things and they are not always there when I return. The other day, one of my pillows was on the floor. My mail appears to have been tampered with. Several of my drawing lying about have had... mustaches drawn on them. And I think someone has been listening to my iPod.

At first, I thought that I might be delerious from missing Alison - perhaps I had done these things myself and simply forgotten. I thought it might be a prank, but my roommates are definitely not the pranking type. I even considered that I might be sleepwalking. My brother has dealt with this problem before... maybe it runs in the family. But no, most of these events occur while I'm away from the house. It couldn't be me. Then, yesterday, I found this:


A book on the floor is strange enough, but why the stool? If a person (someone of normal height) wanted to freak me out by placing a book on the floor, they would certainly not need to stand on a stool - the book was only on the third shelf! But a bear - of the same 'teddy' size and variety as Kensington - would need the height advantage. I know - it sounds crazy, and believe me I can come up with some crazy ideas, but there's just no other explanation for what has been happening! I've run it over and over in my mind - second-guessing it, rethinking it, re-analyzing it - and the only thing I can come up with - the only explanation that makes any kind of sense - even thought it makes NO sense at all--

--is that it must be the bear.


I have not been able to establish verbal contact with the bear at this time, but I do not believe his intentions are... hostile. I will continue to investigate these strange affairs and report my findings here.

9 comments:

  1. Oh Kensignton. I hope this is not true. I hope you are being on your best behavior for Jeremy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, this is the cutest thing I have ever seen!! Kensington, you silly silly bear. We may have to have some words if this continues... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. if memory serves me correctly...he has always been up to no good...just look at his creators :)
    -jacque

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just look at those photos! There's a little black magic in those cute little teddy bear eyes...

    ~~Allison S.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my my! This is quite strange. I would be careful where you keep your stash of movie theater candy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. J.A.F. writes: If it weren't the middle of winter, I might think you were delerious from the heat. Bears disrupting your stable lief, indeed!! If it continues, you may need to call in Sherlock Bear and Dr Watson Bear to get to the bear bottom of this!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can hardly believe that such an adorable creature could cause such mischief!!! Your astute deductions notwithstanding, I think the trouble you experienced must have been caused by that red guy "nonchallantly" leaning against the wall!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You may need a "teddy cam" to watch his movements!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the "teddy cam" idea!!!

    ReplyDelete